The WTO Center is set up under the auspices of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to provide legal supports for Vietnamese businesses on international trade issues.
Our mission is to improve awareness, capacity and voice of the Vietnamese business community to actively participate into negotiations and gain the most benefits from WTO and other trade agreements of Vietnam, as well as to prevent and deal with their possible negative impacts.
- Director: General management and making decision on the Center activities
- Secretariat: Administrative support and coordinating the Center activities
- Advisory Committees - Councils: Professional consulting units established according to specific demands of businesses in each period and on each issue, the 02 current units are the International Trade Advisory Committee (INTAC) and the Trade Rememedies Council (TRC)
- Network of domestic and foreign collaborators: A linkage of professional experts and attorneys specialized in international trade, regularly connecting and supporting the Center to update information, sharing knowledge, experience and giving professional consultation in specific cases.
The International Trade Advisory Committee (INTAC) works for the sustainable development, legitimate rights and interests of Vietnamese business community in issues relating to international trade policies.
Official website of the Committee is www.wtocenter.vn
The Trade Remedies Council (TRC) is set up to assist Vietnamese associations and enterprises to actively deal with trade remedies cases against Vietnamese exports overseas as well as to effectively use these tools to protect themselves in domestic market.
Official website of the Council is www.antidumping.vn
- Providing legal and related information on Vietnam trade commitments in WTO and in other trade agreements in specific forms/ways that meet the understanding level and needs of Vietnamese businesses.
- Building capacity (through workshops, handbooks…) for business associations, enterprises and other entities on important international trade issues
- Consulting and guiding associations and business groups to deal with ad hoc problems arising in international trade practice, especially cases relating to trade remedies and other trade barriers.
- Conducting advocacy activities (researches, surveys, workshops getting enterprises’ opinions...) to consult the Government in the process of negotiating and implementing international trade commitments.
Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Add: 9 Dao Duy Anh, Hanoi, Vietnam