The head of the Geneva-based World Trade Organization says Russian accession to the organization could be in sight.
Pascal Lamy told a deal could be made as early as this year at a ministerial meeting set for December.
Russia has tried for nearly two decades to join the WTO.
But Lamy said this is the first time he had predicted a deal for Russian membership on the horizon.
But he added that details in the negotiations still need to be worked out.
Friday, 29 July, 2011, 06:45
- Tea exports enjoy robust growth despite COVID-19 threat
- EVFTA: Vietnamese goods to face stiff competition
- What VN needs to do to attract quality FDI after COVID-19
- E-commerce Will Continue to Grow in Importance Post-COVID
- Keeping trade open amid COVID-19 crisis central to achieving SDGs and economic recovery