A Spring 2009 update
A December 2006 introduction to the CISG
A view from South Africa
- Analysis by Sieg Eiselen of South Africa . Analysis of: The need for unification of international sales law; Development of the CISG; Other methods to achieve legal unification or solve problems of international sales; The case for adoption; The case against adoption; Experience with the CISG thus far.
- The Vienna Sales Convention and the Lex Mercatoria : a good overview of the CISG prepared by a leading French authority. For another civil law perspective, see Silvia Ferreri, 25 Journal of Law and Commerce (2005-2006) 223-239
- What is the Convention about and how does it impact upon English lawyers? For a superb introduction to this subject, see Barry Nicholas, The Vienna Convention on International Sales Law. 103 Law Quarterly Review (1989) 201-243
- A brief overview of the CISG: Explanatory Note by the UNCITRAL Secretariat on the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods .
- A report on the CISG prepared by the Law Commission of New Zealand : an especially good general introduction to the CISG for persons from common law jurisdictions.
- Analyse de Dispositions de la C.V.I.M. du Point de Vue du Droit Civil Québécois : [French text] prepared for the Uniform Law Conference of Canada.
- Uniform Sales Law - The Experience with Uniform Sales Laws in the Federal Republic of Germany, prepared by the editor of Germany's leading text on the CISG.
- Checklist on the CISG : excerpt from 1994 Guide to Practical Applications of the Untited Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods
- The Uniform International Sales Law, in: Dalhuisen on International Commercial, Financial and Trade Law, Hart Publishing (2007) 400-330
- Analysis from a Provincial Common Law Perspective: also prepared by the Uniform Law Conference of Canada; in addition to comparisons of the CISG with Canadian law, includes many comparisons with the UCC and with common law sales rules in general.
- An introduction to the CISG: La Convención de las Naciones Unidas sobre los Contratos de Compraventa Internacional de Mercaderías : [Spanish text] prepared by the authors of Argentina's leading text on the CISG.
- Luke Nottage, Who's Afraid of the Vienna Sales Convention (CISG)? A New Zealander's View from Australia and Japan, Victoria University of Wellington Law Review (2005/4) 815-845
Other primers on the CISG have been prepared by law revision commissions or authorities from many countries. For citations to them, see the Bibliography on the CISG .