Conference: Seafood, Fruit and Vegetable, and Meat Production and Processing Sectors in Vietnam - Opportunities and Challenges from CPTPP
Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) officially came into force in Vietnam since January 14th, 2019.
Seafood, Fruit and Vegetable, and Meat Production and Processing Sectors are the crucial sectors in Mekong Delta. CPTPP has many remarkable commitments towards open Vietnam market regarding tariffs, non-tariff barriers, labor and environment standards, etc. Depending on specific sectors, CPTPP is forecasted to bring significant market opportunities and/or competitive challenges that may adversely affect these sectors.
In order to support enterprises, producers and processors working in agriculture and fisheries to understanding related CPTPP commitments, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming challenges from this Agreement, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), with the support from the Aus4Reform program and Australian Embassy, organizes the Conference:
Seafood, Fruit and Vegetable, and Meat Production and Processing Sectors in Vietnam:
Opportunities and Challenges from CPTPP
Time: 8.00-11.30 Wednesday, November 2019
Location: 1st Floor Hall, TTC Premium Hotel, 02 Hai Ba Trung Street, Ninh Kieu District, Can Tho City
A Handbook on Summary of the Comprehensive and Progressive Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) and 03 Handbooks on "CPTPP - Seafood/Fruit and Vegetable/Meat Production and Processing" – the guidebooks provide details of CPTPP commitments on these sectors, published by VCCI and Aus4Reform, will be introduced and presented to participants.
For more information, please contact:
WTO and International Trade Center - VCCI
9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Phone: +84-24-3577 1458
Related documents in Vietnamese are attached below:
- Forum: Economic Reforms for More Sustainable and Resilient Growth in Viet Nam after COVID-19: From Adaptation to Embracing Complexity
- Workshop Ho Chi Minh City: Trade remedies - A tool to protect interests of the domestic manufacturing industry in the context of integration
- Workshop: Trade remedies - A tool to protect domestic industry interests in the context of integration
- Workshop: EVFTA - What businesses need to know in HCM City
- Workshop: EVFTA - What businesses need to know