Ensuring timber legality in government procurement bidding is one of the Vietnam's obligations to European Union (EU) under the VPA-FLEGT Agreement. Vietnam government's implementation plan for the VPA-FLEGT Agreement has set out the task of reviewing, building the law and implementing this obligation.
To provide reference information regarding the necessary legal framework in Vietnam as well as international experiences in legal timber procurement, the Center for WTO and International Trade – Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), with the support of Forest Trends, organizes:
Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in Vietnam
Implementing VPA-FLEGT Agreement
Time : 8:00 am to 11:00 am, Wednesday on March 31, 2021
Location : 1st Hall, 7th Floor, VCCI Headquarters, 9 Dao Duy Anh, Hanoi
At the Conference, experts on VPA-FLEGT and bidding will introduce research results, international experiences, recommend solutions to state agencies and provide practical guidances for contractor and timber supplier.
At the workshop, 02 publications Report The development of legal framework on legal timber procurement and Handbook Timber Procurement Bidding Package will be introduced and presented to participants.
Video Conference on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxd8NZh80tE
Center for WTO and International Trade - VCCI
9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3577 1458
The Conference documents (Vietnamese) are attached below:
- Business Handbook “Exploiting the EVFTA to import and export goods between Vietnam and Germany”
- Research Report: Australia's direct investment in Vietnam - Actual efficiency assessment and Policy solutions
- Business Handbook “A Summary of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)”
- Research Report: Implementing the CPTPP from a law-making perspective - Review of current results and policy implications for the future
- Consultation Meeting: Evaluation of Vietnam's current policies and laws with commitments on SMEs in FTAs that Vietnam joined