Ensuring timber legality in government procurement bidding is one of the Vietnam's obligations to European Union (EU) under the VPA-FLEGT Agreement. Vietnam government's implementation plan for the VPA-FLEGT Agreement has set out the task of reviewing, building the law and implementing this obligation.
To provide reference information regarding the necessary legal framework in Vietnam as well as international experiences in legal timber procurement, the Center for WTO and International Trade – Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), with the support of Forest Trends, organizes:
SPECIALIZED TRAINING COURSE
Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in Vietnam
Implementing VPA-FLEGT Agreement
Time : 13:00 - 17:00, Wednesday on March 31, 2021
Venue : 2nd Hall, 7th Floor, VCCI Headquarters, 9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
At the training course, senior trainers will present core issues related to requirements of legal timber under VPA-FLEGT; bidding process of timber products; requirements to transform obligations under VPA-FLEGT into bidding legislation; and real problems. The training course is organized for journalists and practitioners in the fields of economics, bidding, environment, and timber trade.
At the workshop, 02 publications Report The development of legal framework on legal timber procurement and Handbook Timber Procurement Bidding Package will be introduced and presented to participants.
Center for WTO and International Trade - VCCI
9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3577 1458
The Training Course Documents (Vietnamese) are attached below:
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.23+24
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT
- Training Course: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT