VN, Israel hold fifth round of FTA negotiations20/06/2018 369
Việt Nam and Israel made progress during the fifth round of negotiations on a free trade agreement (FTA) between the two countries in Jerusalem City.
Goods trade, rules of origin, customs, technical barriers to trade, service trade, trade safeguards, investment, government’s purchase and other legal and institutional issues were tabled at the fifth round.
In the spirit of transparency, the two sides made headway in major negotiation fields, such as goods and service trade, and agreed to make greater efforts to complete the negotiations soon in line with directions of the leaders of the two countries.
Việt Nam and Israel have enjoyed increasing bilateral trade in the past few years. In 2017, the bilateral trade reached US$1.06 billion, of which Việt Nam exported $713 million worth of products to Israel and imported $347 million worth of goods from the Middle Eastern country.
The FTA is expected to further boost trade and investment between the two countries as well as bring substantial benefits to enterprises, labourers and citizens of both the nations.
Việt Nam and Israel officially launched FTA negotiations on December 2, 2015. The next round of talks will be held in Việt Nam at the end of this year as agreed by the two sides
Source: Vietnam News
- Vietnamese firms should be cautious to avoid fraud in international trade
- Enhancing competitiveness vital for VN to climb up global value chain
- Improve the efficiency of fisheries management at fishing ports to soon remove the IUU "yellow card"
- Vietnam emerges as a strategic location for tech giants
- US looks to shut China out of its battery supply chain