13th Round of Negotiations – 12-18 June 2016, Auckland, New Zealand18/06/2016 43
New Zealand hosted the 13th round of RCEP negotiations, which included meetings of all working groups and sub-working groups.
Negotiations continued to build on positive discussions held during the previous round (Australia 17-29 April). All RCEP participating countries (RPCs) have now submitted initial offers for trade in goods and trade in services as well as initial reservation lists for investment. Most RPCs have also submitted initial requests in goods and services. Some requests have also been submitted in relation to initial reservation lists for investment.
Trade in services market access negotiations continue on a bilateral and plurilateral basis. In goods, negotiators continued to work on market access and progress on rules of origin was welcomed.
Following constructive stakeholder engagements held in Perth, a number of stakeholder events were organised in Auckland, including engagement with businesses on non-tariff measures.
The 4th RCEP Ministerial Meeting is scheduled for 5 August 2016 in Vientiane, Lao PDR. This will be followed by the next round of negotiations scheduled for 15-19 August 2016 in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. Further rounds of negotiations are scheduled for October in China and December in Indonesia.
Source: Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
- Joint Statements on the RCEP Negotiations
- Twenty-Ninth Round of Negotiations, 20-24 April 2020, Virtual Meeting
- Third Special Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee; 3 – 4 February 2020, Bali, Indonesia
- Seventh Intersessional Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee, 14-19 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- 9th Intersessional Ministerial Meeting, 12 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand