20th Round of Negotiations – 17-28 October 2017, Songdo, Incheon, Korea28/10/2017 44
The 20th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Trade Negotiating Committee (TNC) meeting and related meetings were held from 17 to 28 October 2017 in Songdo, Incheon, Korea.
In opening the meeting, H.E. Hyun Chong Kim, Minister for Trade, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of Korea urged all negotiators to make meaningful progress against the package of outcomes endorsed by RCEP Ministers in September.
During the negotiating round, progress was made on text negotiations across all areas. Negotiators focused their efforts to prepare for a further intensification of work in 2018.
Negotiators from the TNC, and the Working Groups on Trade in Services, Investment, Legal and Institutional Issues, Intellectual Property and Electronic Commerce met with representatives from international, regional and local civil society organisations (CSOs). In addition, the TNC also had a special session with Susana Malcorra, Chair of the 11th World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference (MC11), to exchange views on the importance of the multilateral trading system and achieving good outcomes at MC11.
An RCEP Ministerial Meeting and the RCEP Summit will be held on 12 and 14 November 2017, in Pasay City, Philippines.
Source: DFAT Aus
- Joint Statements on the RCEP Negotiations
- Twenty-Ninth Round of Negotiations, 20-24 April 2020, Virtual Meeting
- Third Special Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee; 3 – 4 February 2020, Bali, Indonesia
- Seventh Intersessional Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee, 14-19 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- 9th Intersessional Ministerial Meeting, 12 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand