22nd Round of Negotiations – 28 April – 8 May 2018, Singapore09/05/2018 56
The 22nd Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Trade Negotiating Committee (TNC) meeting and related meetings were held in Singapore from 28 April to 8 May 2018. The TNC was held in parallel with the meetings of the Working Groups on Trade in Goods and Trade in Services, including their respective Sub-Working Groups, as well as the Working Groups on Investment, Intellectual Property, Electronic Commerce, Legal and Institutional issues, and Government Procurement.
The meeting welcomed efforts by Parties to advance market access negotiations. Given the remaining work to significantly advance the negotiations, the meeting reiterated its commitment to work together towards mutually acceptable, flexible and innovative solutions to the outstanding issues.
Stakeholder engagement was held on 3 May 2018 in the areas of Rules of Origin, E-commerce, and Intellectual Property. The event was attended by the TNC, relevant Working Groups and Sub-Working Group as well as representatives from the business sector, academia, non-government organisations, and other stakeholders. The meeting stressed the continued importance of stakeholder engagement in ensuring that the RCEP negotiations remain inclusive.
Source: DFAT Aus
- Joint Statements on the RCEP Negotiations
- Twenty-Ninth Round of Negotiations, 20-24 April 2020, Virtual Meeting
- Third Special Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee; 3 – 4 February 2020, Bali, Indonesia
- Seventh Intersessional Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee, 14-19 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- 9th Intersessional Ministerial Meeting, 12 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand