9th Round of Negotiations - 26-29 August 2014 in Hanoi05/09/2014 76
Negotiating teams from Vietnam and EFTA met for a ninth round of free trade talks in Hanoi from 26 to 29 August 2014.
The round was held in a concentrated format focused on trade in goods and services, and rules of origin. Based on the outcome of this meeting, the two sides decided to convene for a comprehensive round of discussions in Geneva from 7 to 10 October this year. Experts also adopted a programme of substantial follow-up work in preparation for the next meeting.
With total merchandise trade between EFTA and Vietnam valued at USD 1.76 billion in 2013, Vietnam is a significant trading partner in South-East Asia. In parallel with the EFTA negotiations, Vietnam is involved in other important free trade processes, including with the European Union and the Transpacific Partnership (TPP).
Source: WTO Center and Integration
- 16th Round of Negotiations - 29 May to 1 June 2018 in Oslo, Norway
- 15th Round of Negotiations - 26 to 29 September 2017 in Hanoi
- 14th Round of Negotiations - 9 to 11 May in Geneva, Switzerland
- 13th Round of Negotiations - 20-23 October 2015 in Hanoi
- 12th Round of Negotiation - 26-29 May 2015 in Oslo