8th Round of Negotiations - 3-6 June 2014 in Geneva10/06/2014 68
The eighth round of negotiations on a broad-based free trade agreement between the EFTA States and Vietnam was held from 3 to 6 June 2014 in Geneva.
Negotiating teams of the two sides pursued their work on most topics to be covered by the free trade agreement. Meanwhile, expert discussions, along with workshops involving a broader audience, on rules of origin and intellectual property rights are being organised in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
In 2013, merchandise trade between EFTA and Vietnam amounted to USD 1.76 billion, up from USD 1.5 billion the previous year. Vietnamese exports to EFTA were valued at USD 1.12 billion, while the EFTA States exported goods worth USD 640 million to Vietnam.
Source: WTO Center and Integration
- 16th Round of Negotiations - 29 May to 1 June 2018 in Oslo, Norway
- 15th Round of Negotiations - 26 to 29 September 2017 in Hanoi
- 14th Round of Negotiations - 9 to 11 May in Geneva, Switzerland
- 13th Round of Negotiations - 20-23 October 2015 in Hanoi
- 12th Round of Negotiation - 26-29 May 2015 in Oslo