7th Round of Negotiations - 25-28 February 2014 in Hanoi10/03/2014 72
A comprehensive seventh round of negotiations on a free trade agreement between the EFTA States and Vietnam took place from 25 to 28 February 2014 in Hanoi.
After four rounds conducted in 2013, delegations from the two sides continued their work towards a broad-based free trade agreement, achieving substantial progress in a range of fields. They agreed to meet again in May and earmarked time slots for further rounds of negotiations in the course of the year.
Vietnam is a significant trading partner for EFTA in South-East Asia, with bilateral merchandise trade (imports and exports) amounting to USD 1.5 billion in 2012. Trade in services and investment are also of growing importance in economic relations between the two sides.
Source: WTO Center and Integration
- 16th Round of Negotiations - 29 May to 1 June 2018 in Oslo, Norway
- 15th Round of Negotiations - 26 to 29 September 2017 in Hanoi
- 14th Round of Negotiations - 9 to 11 May in Geneva, Switzerland
- 13th Round of Negotiations - 20-23 October 2015 in Hanoi
- 12th Round of Negotiation - 26-29 May 2015 in Oslo