The Review Vietnam legal framework against commitments on EVFTA on Transparency17/04/2017 191
By: WTO and International Trade Center
Transparency is among institutional issues impressed in the framework of EVFTA. It is institutional issue having direct impact to the quality and effectiveness of legislation implementation in particular, and to the predictability (transparency) of all the legal mechanism in general. Therefore, it is necessary to determine the difference; and consequently, revise and amend Vietnam legal framework to meet EVFTA commitments, and at a same time, use the motivation of EVFTA to improve transparency the mechanism and domestic legislations.
Review of Vietnam legal frame work against EVFTA commitments on transparency is prepared by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to analysis the incompatibility between Vietnam domestic legislations and EVFTA commitments in the aspect of enterprises; and, therefore, propose the implementation method to ensure Vietnam’s compliance for the sake of enterprises in the relationship with relevant competent authority.
This review is one sector of a project on reviewing Vietnam legal framework against EVFTA commitment on five (05) important areas (including customs and trade facilitation, investment, government procurement, intellectual property, and transparency) prepared by the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry in the framework the project: “Vietnamese legal framework ready for EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) implementation” sponsored by the Embassy of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and North Ireland in Vietnam
The publication is attached below
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.23+24
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT
- Training Course: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT