25th Round of Negotiations – 19-28 February 2019, Bali, Indonesia01/03/2019 129
The 25th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Trade Negotiating Committee (TNC) and related meetings were held in Bali, Indonesia from 19 to 28 February 2019. The TNC was held in parallel with the meetings of the Working Groups on Trade in Goods and Trade in Services, including their respective Sub-Working Groups, as well as the Working Groups on Investment, Intellectual Property, Electronic Commerce, and Legal and Institutional issues.
The focus of the round was to progress market access and text based negotiations. The TNC also agreed a work plan to help guide the negotiations towards meeting the determination expressed by Leaders on 14 November 2018 in Singapore to conclude a modern, comprehensive, high quality, and mutually beneficial RCEP in 2019.
Three stakeholder engagement sessions were held on 25 February 2019 with representatives of the business sector and civil society organisations. The events were participated by the TNC and the working groups on investment and electronic commerce, and provided an opportunity for civil society and business representatives to share their views and expectations of the RCEP negotiations.
The 26th RCEP Round is scheduled to take place in Melbourne, Australia from 28 June to 3 July 2019. Prior to this round, a number of working groups and the TNC will meet intersessionally to progress negotiations.
Source: DFAT Aus
- Joint Statements on the RCEP Negotiations
- Twenty-Ninth Round of Negotiations, 20-24 April 2020, Virtual Meeting
- Third Special Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee; 3 – 4 February 2020, Bali, Indonesia
- Seventh Intersessional Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee, 14-19 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- 9th Intersessional Ministerial Meeting, 12 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand