Conference: RCEP Agreement –Negotiation updates and issues concerned by businesses21/05/2019 175
Negotiations for Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) between ASEAN (including Vietnam) and 06 other member countries (China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, and New Zealand) began in 2013 and have moved to a final stage. When completed, RCEP is expected to create a large free trade area, including Vietnam's major export partners. In addition, with the participation of large partners as suppliers of raw materials for Vietnam (such as China, Korea ...), the harmonization of rules of origin and trade facilitation commitments in RCEP promises to create new regional value chains that will help businesses make better use of the RCEP tariff preferences.
The conference is an opportunity for businesses to update information on RCEP negotiation progress and exchange information with the Negotiating Delegation about specific issues / areas that businesses are interested in or have interests in. The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) and the RCEP Negotiating Delegation of Vietnam organize:
“RCEP AGREEMENT - NEGOTIATION UPDATES AND ISSUES CONCERNED BY BUSINESSES”
Time: 8:00 - 11:30 on Thursday, May 23, 2019
Location: Hall 1 - 7th Floor - VCCI Headquarters, No. 9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi (Old Building)
The workshop includes presentations from the RCEP Negotiating Delegation of Vietnam on the most important aspects of the Agreement (trade in goods, services, investment, rules...).
- Workshop: EVFTA - What businesses need to know
- Decree 111 / ND-CP on the Special Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for the implementation of the EVFTA Agreement for the period 2020-2022
- Vietnam’s 2020 economy likely second highest in Asia-Pacific: S&P Global Ratings
- US-Africa trade relations: Why is AGOA better than a bilateral free trade agreement?
- Thai commodities satisfy Vietnamese tastes