26th Round of Negotiations – 22 June – 3 July 2019, Melbourne, Australia18/07/2019 9
The 26th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Trade Negotiating Committee (TNC) meeting and related meetings were held from 25 June - 3 July 2019 in Melbourne. The TNC meeting took place alongside the Working Groups on Trade in Goods and Trade in Services, in addition to Working Groups on Investment, Intellectual Property, Electronic Commerce, and Legal and Institutional Issues.
Parties made progress in bilateral market access negotiations and across areas of text-based negotiations, particularly the Annexes on Telecommunication Services and Financial Services.
Public stakeholder engagement events were held on 30 June 2019 with representatives of the business sector, civil society organisations and other relevant stakeholders.
The Meeting also discussed preparations for the subsequent 27th meeting of the RCEP TNC and related meetings from 22 - 31 July 2019 in Zhengzhou, China.
Source: DFAT Australia
- Joint Statements on the RCEP Negotiations
- Twenty-Ninth Round of Negotiations, 20-24 April 2020, Virtual Meeting
- Third Special Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee; 3 – 4 February 2020, Bali, Indonesia
- Seventh Intersessional Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee, 14-19 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- 9th Intersessional Ministerial Meeting, 12 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand