8th RCEP Intersessional Ministerial Meeting – 2-3 August 2019, Beijing18/08/2019 14
The Minister for Trade, Tourism and Investment, Senator the Hon Simon Birmingham, represented Australia at the 8th Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) Intersessional Ministerial Meeting in Beijing, China on 2-3 August 2019.
Ministers welcomed the conclusion of the Annexes on Telecommunication Services, Financial Services, and Professional Services that brought the number of concluded texts up to seven chapters and three annexes. Ministers also noted the intensification of market access negotiations and said they were determined to conclude negotiations by the end of the year.
Ministers said they looked forward to considering the report of the 6th RCEP Intersessional Trade Negotiating Committee Meeting and Related meetings being held in Jakarta later in August when Ministers reconvened in Bangkok in September.
Source: DFAT Australia
- Joint Statements on the RCEP Negotiations
- Twenty-Ninth Round of Negotiations, 20-24 April 2020, Virtual Meeting
- Third Special Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee; 3 – 4 February 2020, Bali, Indonesia
- Seventh Intersessional Meeting of the Trade Negotiating Committee, 14-19 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand
- 9th Intersessional Ministerial Meeting, 12 October 2019, Bangkok, Thailand