Decree No. 102/2020/ND-CP on Timber legality assurance system of Vietnam08/09/2020 581
On September 1, 2020, the Government issued Decree No. 102/2020/ND-CP on Timber legality assurance system of Vietnam, effective from October 30, 2020. The Decree includes 6 chapters and 30 articles, providing for the legal system to ensure Vietnam's legal timber for import-export, as well as criteria, authority, order and procedures for classifying timber processing and exporting enterprises and issue a FLEGT license (issued by the Vietnam CITES Management Authority for temporary import for re-export of timber shipments to the European Union).
According to the Decree, legal timber can be defined as timber, timber products exploited, imported, confiscated, transported, traded, processed, and exported in accordance with the provisions of Vietnamese laws and regulations, of the international treaties to which Vietnam is a signatory and the relevant laws of the country where timber is harvested for export to Vietnam. The Decree stipulates that import-export timber must ensure the legal status, be allowed to carry out export-import procedures and be subject to the inspection and supervision of the Customs agency in accordance with the Customs law.
The Government assigned the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development the major responsibility for, and coordinate with related ministries and branches in, guiding and organizing the implementation of this Decree.
The decree (in Vietnamese) is attached below:
- Decision No. 1972/QD-BCT on the Establishment of Vietnam Domestic Advisory Group (DAG)
- Official Letter No.2669/TCHQ-GSQL on certificating origin of goods in CPTPP and EVFTA
- Circular No. 07/2021/TT-BTC stipulating deadline to submit Certificate of Origin for imported goods under the EVFTA Agreement
- Circular No. 30/2020/TT-BCT guides the implementation of EVFTA regarding trade remedies
- Decree 111/2020/ND-CP on the Special Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for the implementation of the EVFTA for the period 2020-2022