Decree No. 102/2020/ND-CP on Timber legality assurance system of Vietnam08/09/2020 846
Issuing Date: 01/09/2020
Issuing authority : Government
On September 1, 2020, the Government issued Decree No. 102/2020/ND-CP on Timber legality assurance system of Vietnam, effective from October 30, 2020. The Decree includes 6 chapters and 30 articles, providing for the legal system to ensure Vietnam's legal timber for import-export, as well as criteria, authority, order and procedures for classifying timber processing and exporting enterprises and issue a FLEGT license (issued by the Vietnam CITES Management Authority for temporary import for re-export of timber shipments to the European Union).
According to the Decree, legal timber can be defined as timber, timber products exploited, imported, confiscated, transported, traded, processed, and exported in accordance with the provisions of Vietnamese laws and regulations, of the international treaties to which Vietnam is a signatory and the relevant laws of the country where timber is harvested for export to Vietnam. The Decree stipulates that import-export timber must ensure the legal status, be allowed to carry out export-import procedures and be subject to the inspection and supervision of the Customs agency in accordance with the Customs law.
The Government assigned the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development the major responsibility for, and coordinate with related ministries and branches in, guiding and organizing the implementation of this Decree.
The decree (in Vietnamese) is attached below:
- Decree No.116/2022/ND-CP on Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for implementation of the EVFTA in the period of 2022-2027
- Circular No. 20/2022/TT-BKHDT on preparation of bidding documents for consulting services under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA
- Official Letter No.5079/BKHDT-QLDT on implementing commitments on bidding in the EVFTA
- Circular 12/2022/TT-BKHDT on the preparation of bidding documents for procurement of goods under CPTPP, EVFTA, and UKVFTA
- Circular 15/2022/TT-BKHDT on the preparation of bidding documents for construction and installation under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA