Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective07/04/2021 619
The Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) has come into effect in Vietnam since January 14, 2019, for more than two years. In these two years, the US-China trade tensions, protectionist trends, and especially the COVID-19 epidemic, also created unprecedented fluctuations in world trade and seriously affected enterprises’ CPTPP application. That summarizing the achieved results, identifying problems in the past two years, from which drawing lessons for the Agreement implementation in the coming time, is very necessary.
With the support of the Aus4Reform Program - Australian Embassy in Vietnam, the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) performed the Report “Vietnam after two-year CPTPP implementation from business perspective” based on the practical results of Enterprise Surveys about two years of Agreement implementation.
VCCI organized the workshop to publish this Report and discussed the upcoming solutions:
TWO-YEAR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE CPTPP IN VIETNAM
A REVIEW FROM BUSINESS PERSPECTIVE
Time: 8:00 - 11:30 am Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Address: Hall 1, 7th Floor, VCCI Headquarters, 09 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Languages: Vietnamese, English
At the Conference, the Report “Vietnam after two - year CPTPP implementation from business perspective” will be published and presented to the participants.
Center for WTO and International Trade - VCCI
9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3577 1458
The Conference Documents are attached below:
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective (Vietnamese)
- 1. Workshop Agenda 070421
- 2. Presentation 070421 - Ms. Nguyen Cam Trang
- 3. Presentation 070421 - Ms. Nguyen Thi Thu Trang
- 4. Summary Report: Vietnam after 2 years of CPTPP implementation from the business perspective
- Business Handbook “Exploiting the EVFTA to import and export goods between Vietnam and Germany”
- Research Report: Australia's direct investment in Vietnam - Actual efficiency assessment and Policy solutions
- Business Handbook “A Summary of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)”
- Research Report: Implementing the CPTPP from a law-making perspective - Review of current results and policy implications for the future
- Consultation Meeting: Evaluation of Vietnam's current policies and laws with commitments on SMEs in FTAs that Vietnam joined