Guidelines for the application of Rules of Origin in new generation free trade agreements09/05/2020 18
By: Import and Export Department (Ministry of Industry and Trade), Hanoi Industry and Trade Department
2019 is considered a year of deep and extensive international economic integration when Vietnam officially implemented CPTPP Agreement and signed EVFTA Agreement. Up to now, Vietnam has joined 16 free trade agreements in the regional framework (ASEAN and ASEAN+) and bilateral agreements. Vietnam's active participation in Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) has brought many great opportunities for businesses and contributes to promoting advantages and improving the competitiveness of exports.
The CPTPP and EVFTA are two new generation FTAs, have many positive impacts on many aspects of the Vietnamese economy, especially import and export growth. Each FTA Vietnam participates in has its own preferential rules of origin and corresponds to different committed preferential tariff rates. In order to help businesses in Hanoi city better exploit the tariff preferences of the key export markets under the CPTPP and EVFTA Agreements, the Import and Export Department and Hanoi Industry and Trade Department jointly compile the book “Guidelines for the application of Rules of Origin in new generation free trade agreements”.
The document (Vietnamese) is attached below:
- Research Report: Implementing the CPTPP from a law-making perspective - Review of current results and policy implications for the future
- CPTPP: An overview for trade advisors and SMEs
- Handbook: Understanding the Vietnam’s public procurement market through the lens of CPTPP
- Overview of the New Zealand Market
- UK Accession to CPTPP: The UK’s Strategic Approach