Consultation Meeting: Evaluation of Vietnam's current policies and laws with commitments on SMEs in FTAs that Vietnam joined23/12/2021 214
As an important part of the economy, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) have been increasingly considered in international trade policies. New-generation Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) that Vietnam recently signed (including CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA and RCEP) have for the first time commitments on SMEs, in the direction of creating favorable conditions, granting preferences, reservations and support exclusively for SMEs.
However, it seems that the content as well as the implementation of commitments on SMEs in these FTAs have not been analyzed and paid enough attention, which leads to the fact that taking advantage of commitments on SMEs in FTAs may be ineffective and may cause businesses to miss the benefits from these commitments.
To identify the commitments on SMEs in the FTAs that Vietnam has joined, and evaluate Vietnam's current policies and laws in implementation of these commitments, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) will hold "Consultation Meeting: Evaluation of Vietnam's current policies and laws with commitments on SMEs in FTAs that Vietnam joined"
Time: 9h00 – 11h00 am, Thursday, December 23, 2021
Address: Online via Zoom
The Center for WTO and International Trade would like to invite Delegates to attend this Consultation Meeting, thereby gaining information about commitments which SMEs can take advantage of, and providing VCCI with information to make appropriate recommendations to the Government on the implementation of these commitments in the most beneficial way for Vietnamese SMEs.
For further information, please contact:
Center for WTO and International Trade - VCCI
9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Tel: 024 3577 1458
Meeting document (in Vietnamese) are attached below:
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.27+28
- Business Handbook “Exploiting the EVFTA to import and export goods between Vietnam and Germany”
- Research Report: Australia's direct investment in Vietnam - Actual efficiency assessment and Policy solutions
- Business Handbook “A Summary of the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)”
- Research Report: Implementing the CPTPP from a law-making perspective - Review of current results and policy implications for the future