Law No. 07/2022/QH15 on Amending and Supplementing a number of Articles of the Law on Intellectual Property20/06/2022 64
Issuing date: 16/06/2022
Issuing authority: 15th National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam
Law on Amending and Supplementing a number of Articles of the Law on Intellectual Property (Law No. 07/2022/QH15) passed by the 15th National Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam at its 3rd session on June 16, 2022. The amendment and supplementation of the Law on Intellectual Property aims to promote innovation, proactively and actively apply the achievements of the industrial revolution 4.0 through increasing the use and protection of intellectual property rights, helping this activity to become closer to the world's progressive practices and practices.
Article 198b of the Law is built on the basis of internalization specified in Article 12.55 of the EVFTA. This does not limit the scope of exemption from liability for monetary damages and payment of court costs and fees of the intermediary service provider. The provision of exemption from liability for monetary damages is only specified in Article 18.82 of the CPTPP, but this content is temporarily suspended.
The revised law will start to take effect on January 1, 2023, except for the regulation on the protection of trademarks as sound signs that took effect from January 14, 2022, while the provisions for the protection of test data for agricultural chemicals will take effect from January 14, 2024.
The Law (in Vietnamese) is attached below:
- Decree No.115/2022/ND-CP on Special Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for implementation of the CPTPP in the period of 2022-2027
- Circular No. 21/2022/TT-BKHDT on preparation of bidding documents for non-consulting services under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA
- Circular No. 20/2022/TT-BKHDT on preparation of bidding documents for consulting services under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA
- Notice No. 257/TB-BCT on printing Certificate of Origin on A4 paper format
- Decision 1334/QD-BCT on tariff quotas for textiles and garments exported to Mexico in 2022 under the CPTPP