UK to consider Vietnam as CPTPP market economy in trade remedy probe26/07/2023 45
The United Kingdom recently decided to recognise Vietnam's manufacturing industries operating under market economic conditions within the framework of the former joining the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP).
It will not apply adverse regulations to goods imported from Vietnam in investigating trade remedy cases, the Vietnamese ministry of industry and trade said.
t economy in various forms by 71 nations and territories till now.
The decision will make it convenient for Vietnam's export items to be treated fairly and it will have more opportunities to expand its export markets.
The two countries target $10 billion worth bilateral trade riding on the CPTPP, according to Vietnamese media report.
With the United Kingdom recently signing the protocol on accession to the CPTPP, the number of CPTPP member states has increased to 12.
The addition of the new member is likely to raise the bloc's gross domestic product to nearly 16 per cent of the world's total from 12 per cent.
- Vietnamese firms should be cautious to avoid fraud in international trade
- Enhancing competitiveness vital for VN to climb up global value chain
- Improve the efficiency of fisheries management at fishing ports to soon remove the IUU "yellow card"
- Vietnam emerges as a strategic location for tech giants
- US looks to shut China out of its battery supply chain