Negotiations for Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) between ASEAN (including Vietnam) and 06 other member countries (China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, and New Zealand) began in 2013 and have moved to a final stage. When completed, RCEP is expected to create a large free trade area, including Vietnam's major export partners. In addition, with the participation of large partners as suppliers of raw materials for Vietnam (such as China, Korea ...), the harmonization of rules of origin and trade facilitation commitments in RCEP promises to create new regional value chains that will help businesses make better use of the RCEP tariff preferences.
The conference is an opportunity for businesses to update information on RCEP negotiation progress and exchange information with the Negotiating Delegation about specific issues / areas that businesses are interested in or have interests in. The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in cooperation with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) and the RCEP Negotiating Delegation of Vietnam organize:
“RCEP AGREEMENT - NEGOTIATION UPDATES AND ISSUES CONCERNED BY BUSINESSES”
Time: 8:00 - 11:30 on Thursday, May 23, 2019
Location: Hall 1 - 7th Floor - VCCI Headquarters, No. 9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi (Old Building)
The workshop includes presentations from the RCEP Negotiating Delegation of Vietnam on the most important aspects of the Agreement (trade in goods, services, investment, rules...).
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.23+24
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT
- Training Course: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT