Vietnam – EU Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) was signed at 30 June 2019 and is under the internal ratification for officially coming into force.
Financial services (banking, insurance, securities) and telecommunication services are the sectors with remarkable commitments in EVFTA towards (i) open Vietnam market at a higher level than WTO commitments; (ii) set minimum standards in government management for these services. Meanwhile, EU has advantages of financial, telecommunication services. Therefore, EVFTA is forecasted to have a significant impact on the future of Vietnam's financial and telecommunications market.
In order to support financial - telecommunication businesses to understanding related EVFTA commitments, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming challenges from this Agreement, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), with support from The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) in Vietnam, organize the Conference:
Vietnam Finance – Telecommunication Sectors
Opportunities and Challenges from Vietnam-EU Free Trade Agreement
Time: 8.00-11.30, Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Location: 1st Hall – 7th Floor, VCCI Headquarter, 9 Dao Duy Anh, Hanoi
02 Handbook on EVFTA and Vietnam Finance/Telecommunication Sector (Vietnamese) – The guidebook provide details of EVFTA commitments on two sectors, published by VCCI and FNF, will be introduced and presented to participants.
WTO and International Trade Center - VCCI
9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Related documents are attached below:
- Research Report: Australia's direct investment in Vietnam - Actual efficiency assessment and Policy solutions
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.23+24
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT