Vietnam – EU Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) was signed at 30 June 2019 and is under the internal ratification for officially coming into force.
Logistics services (transport, transport auxiliary…) are the sectors with remarkable commitments in EVFTA towards open Vietnam market at a higher level than WTO commitments. Meanwhile, EU has advantages of logistics services. Moreover, EVFTA is expected to increase the demand for logistics services. Therefore, EVFTA is forecasted to have a significant impact on the future of Vietnam's logistics market.
In order to support logistics services enterprises to understanding related EVFTA commitments, taking advantage of opportunities and overcoming challenges from this Agreement, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI), with support from The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) in Vietnam, organize the Conference:
Vietnam Logistics Sectors:
Opportunities and Challenges from Vietnam-EU Free Trade Agreemen
Time: 8.00-11.30 Thursday 24th October, 2019
Location: Ramana Hotel’s Hall, 323 Le Van Sy Street, District 3, Ho Chi Minh City
A Handbook on EVFTA and Vietnam Logistics Sector (Vietnamese) – The guidebook provide details of EVFTA commitments on logistics sectors, published by VCCI and FNF, will be introduced and presented to participants.
Related documents are attached below:
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.23+24
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT
- Training Course: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT