With 13 Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in effect, most recently the FTA with the EU (EVFTA), Vietnam has been strongly opening up the domestic market for goods from 51 FTA partner countries. This makes Vietnamese market more vibrant and competitive. However, the phenomenon of mass imports, unhealthy competition of goods imported from abroad also appears, which is capable of causing significant damage and threatening the long-term benefits of some domestic manufacturing industries.
Trade remedies (including anti-dumping, anti-subsidy, and safeguard measures) is an effective tool to protect the legitimate rights and interests of domestic industries in this context. However, not many enterprises and associations know about trade remedies policies and laws or have the skills to effectively use this tool.
With the aim of helping businesses and associations to learn and give opinions on new legal frameworks on trade remedies in Vietnam from the very beginning, and at the same time to be instructed on basic skills to use trade remedies tools, The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in coordination with the Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam - Ministry of Industry and Trade organizes:
Tools to protect domestic industry interests in the context of integration
Time: 8.00 - 12.00 Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Venue: Hall 1, 7th Floor, VCCI Headquarters (Outside Building), 09 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
At the Conference, representatives of the Trade Remedies Authority of Vietnam will directly introduce and consult businesses about the Draft Project to improve trade remedies capacity, the Draft Circular on implementing EVFTA and trade remedies and detailed instructions on the process of filing a lawsuit and join the trade remedies case (attached below).
WTO and International Trade Center - VCCI
No. 9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3577 1458
Conference document are attached below:
- Agenda HN Workshop 201027
- 1. Presentation Slide - Bill on Enhancing Trade defense capacity project MOIT
- 2. Presentation Slide - Bill on Guidance of EVFTA implementation on trade defense MOIT
- 3. Presentation Slide - The two bills from business perspective VCCI
- 4. Presentation Slide - What businesses need to know in a trade defense lawsuit MOIT
- Bill on Enhancing Trade defense capacity project
- Bill on Guidance of EVFTA implementation on trade defense
- Magazine "Businesses and Free Trade" No.23+24
- Report: Vietnam after two-year implementation of the CPTPP from business perspective
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT
- Training Course: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT