With 13 Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) in effect, most recently the FTA with the EU (EVFTA), Vietnam has been strongly opening up the domestic market for goods from 51 FTA partner countries. This makes the Vietnamese market more vibrant and competitive. However, the phenomenon of mass imports, unhealthy competition of goods imported from abroad also appears, capable of causing significant damage and threatening the long-term benefits of some manufacturing industries. domestic.
Trade defense (PVTM - including anti-dumping, anti-subsidy, and safeguard measures) is an effective tool to protect the legitimate rights and interests of domestic industries in this context. However, not many enterprises and associations know about PVTM policies and laws or have the skills to effectively use this tool.
To help businesses and associations to learn and give opinions from the very beginning with the new legal frameworks on PVTM in Vietnam, and at the same time to be instructed on basic skills to use PVTM tools, The Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) in coordination with the Department of Trade Defense - Ministry of Industry and Trade organizes:
Tools to protect domestic industry interests in the context of integration
Time: 8.00 - 12.00 Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Location: National Assembly Guest House, 165 Nam Ky Khoi Nghia, Ward 3, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh
At the seminar, representatives of the Trade Defense Department directly introduced and consulted businesses about the Draft Project to improve trade defense capacity, the Draft Circular on implementing EVFTA on Trade defense and detailed instructions on the process of filing a lawsuit. and join the trade defense lawsuit (attached below).
Center for WTO and Integration - VCCI
Number 9 Dao Duy Anh, Dong Da, Hanoi
Phone: 024 3577 1458
The Workshop Documents are attached below:
- Agenda HCM Workshop 04112020
- 1. Presentation Slide - Bill on Enhancing Trade defense capacity project MOIT
- 2. Presentation Slide - Bill on Guidance of EVFTA implementation on trade defense MOIT
- 3. Presentation Slide - The two bills from business perspective VCCI
- 4. Presentation Slide - What businesses need to know in a trade defense lawsuit MOIT
- Bill on Enhancing Trade defense capacity project
- Bill on Guidance of EVFTA implementation on trade defense
- UK Joins ASEAN as Dialogue Partner, Looking at Joining CPTPP Asia-Pacific Free Trade Agreement
- Enterprises yet to make use of EVFTA when exporting agricultural products to EU
- Vietnam, Ukraine beef up trade cooperation
- Vietnamese firms told to be ready for legal challenges when exporting to US
- New Zealand and China upgrade free trade agreement