On September 18, 2020, the Government issued Decree No. 111 / ND-CP on Vietnam's Special Preferential Export and Import Tariffs to under the Free Trade Agreement between the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the European Union in the period 2020 - 2022 implement commitments on opening the goods market in the EVFTA Agreement.
Accordingly, the Decree stipulates the Special Preferential and Import Tariffs of Vietnam to implement the EVFTA and the conditions for enjoying the special tax rates.. With regard to customs declarations of exports and imports registered from August 1, 2020 to before the effective date of this Decree, if all regulations are met to enjoy tax rates, if Vietnam's special preferential export or import tariff in this Decree has been paid tax at a higher tax rate, the overpaid tax shall be handled by the customs authority in accordance with the law on tax administration. This Decree also applies to goods exported from Vietnam to the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland and goods imported into Vietnam from the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland during the period. from August 1, 2020, to the end of December 31, 2020.
The Decree is attached below:
- Workshop Ho Chi Minh City: Trade remedies - A tool to protect interests of the domestic manufacturing industry in the context of integration
- Workshop seeks to improve trade defence capacity
- WTO Gives EU Final Nod for Tariffs on $4 Billion of U.S. Exports
- Vietnam attracts US$23.48 billion in FDI in ten months
- US lodges appeal against WTO ruling in China’s favour over trade war tariffs