Vietnam has become the first Southeast Asian nation to earn over 1 billion USD from exporting goods to Hungary and the European country’s leading exporter from this region since 2000, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade.
Statistics from the Hungarian side showed that Vietnam's export revenue from Hungary reached 1.008 billion USD in 2020, a surge of 86 percent year on year.
Vietnam was followed by Malaysia with 872.8 million USD, Thailand 516.9 million USD, Singapore 363 million USD, the Philippines 136 million USD, and Indonesia 115.3 million USD.
In the first 10 months of 2021, Vietnam earned 842.7 million USD from the market, up 5 percent over the same period last year and secured its first position among the regional countries in the field.
Electronic accessories accounted for 74.1 percent of the total export revenue Vietnam earned from Hungary in 2020, equivalent to 747 million USD. The figures were 77 percent and 574.8 million USD, respectively in the first 10 months of 2021.
- Việt Nam looking to expand exports to Eurasian market
- Việt Nam's export agricultural produce are fully traceable
- China hopes U.S. can enable more trade amid 'Phase 1' deal uncertainties
- US anti-dumping decision poses threat to Vietnamese raw honey businesses
- Southern key economic region receives large inflow of foreign investment in 2021