Vietnam’s footwear exports would likely to achieve its annual export target of USD6 billion, the Vietnam Leather and Footweqar Association (Lefaso) said Wednesday.
According to Lefaso, Vietnam’s footwear exports in July hit USD600 million, prompting total earnings in the first seven months to reach USD3.62 billion, up 30.7 percent year-on-year.
With current market prospects, Vietnam’s footwear industry would likely achieve its annual export target of USD6 billion, China’s Xinhua news agency quoted Lefaso on Wednesday.
According to Lefaso, the country also exported suitcases, bags, hats, wallets and umbrellas, reaching nearly USD730 million in the first seven months, up 35.6 percent year-on-year, to the major markets as the United States, Japan, France, Germany and Belgium.
Such a high increase helped the export of leather products become one of the country’s ten most successful ventures, said Lefaso.
August 3, 2011
- Workshop: EVFTA - What businesses need to know
- Decree 111 / ND-CP on the Special Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for the implementation of the EVFTA Agreement for the period 2020-2022
- Vietnam’s 2020 economy likely second highest in Asia-Pacific: S&P Global Ratings
- US-Africa trade relations: Why is AGOA better than a bilateral free trade agreement?
- Thai commodities satisfy Vietnamese tastes