Guide to the EU - Vietnam Free Trade Agreement
The purpose of this publication is to provide first-hand information to businesses about all the different areas covered by the EU – Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (FTA). It has been drafted to help businesses better understand what the main outcomes and achievements of the negotiations are.
This Guide is divided in three parts. The first part provides an overview of the bilateral trade and investment relations between the EU and Vietnam. The second part provides a more detailed explanation on what is actually in the FTA. Finally, the last part outlines useful information and tools for making the most of the opportunities offered by the FTA.
The texts of the FTA can be found on the website of the European Commission’s Directorate-General for Trade1 as well as on the website of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam2. At this stage, it is made public exclusively for information purposes. The text presented on the website is the text at the end of the negotiations conducted by the European Commission. It is currently subject to legal revision by the legal experts. It will then be sent to the Council of the European Union and to the European Parliament for ratification. The text presented is not binding under international law and will only become so after it has been ratified.
The publication is attached below
- Report "EVFTA, EVIPA and Vietnam's integration in global value chains in a post-Covid 19 world"
- Report "The Use of the EU’s Free Trade Agreements: Exporter and Importer Utilization of Preferential Tariffs"
- Vietnam: Deepening international integration and implementing EVFTA
- Preferential Trade: Guidance on the Rules of Origin
- EVFTA and Vietnam's banking, insurance, securities sectors