Official Letter No. 5079/TCHQ-GSQL implementation of Article 4.11 EVFTA Agreement06/08/2020 67
Issuing date: July 31, 2020
Issuing authority: General Department of Customs
In order to implement Article 4.11 of EVFTA Agreement, the General Department of Customs has issued a document 5079/TCHQ-GSQL guiding the provisions on customs declarants in case foreign traders do not have a presence in Vietnam.
Earlier, on June 8, 2020, the National Assembly promulgated Resolution No. 102/2020/QH14 ratifying the Free Trade Agreement between the Socialist Republic of Vietnam and the European Union (hereinafter EVFTA Agreement). Accordingly, this Agreement takes effect as of August 1, 2020.
Implementing the EVFTA Agreement and Resolution No. 102/2020/QH14, the General Department of Customs requested the units to implement the provisions of Article 4.11 of the EVFTA Agreement in accordance with the provisions of Resolution No. 102/2020/QH14.
Accordingly, the provisions on customs declarants in case of foreign traders not present in Vietnam are made as follows: In case foreign traders do not have a presence in Vietnam, the customs declaration is possible. by customs clearance agents or representatives of foreign traders in Vietnam named on the export right and import right registration certificate.
Official Letter (in Vietnamese) is attached below:
- Decree No.116/2022/ND-CP on Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for implementation of the EVFTA in the period of 2022-2027
- Circular No. 20/2022/TT-BKHDT on preparation of bidding documents for consulting services under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA
- Official Letter No.5079/BKHDT-QLDT on implementing commitments on bidding in the EVFTA
- Circular 12/2022/TT-BKHDT on the preparation of bidding documents for procurement of goods under CPTPP, EVFTA, and UKVFTA
- Circular 15/2022/TT-BKHDT on the preparation of bidding documents for construction and installation under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA