Decision No. 4852/QD-BNN-TCLN on Issuing the Implementation Plan of the VPA-FLEGT Agreement between Vietnam and EU09/09/2020 119
On December 10, 2018, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development issued Decision No. 4852/QD-BNN-TCLN on Issuing the Implementation Plan of the Voluntary Partnership Agreement/Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade ( VPA/FLEGT) between Vietnam and the European Union (EU).
This decision comes into effect from December 10, 2018.
According to the VPA/FLEGT Implementation Plan attached to the above decision and the request of the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, by early 2021, VPA/FLEGT will be fully implemented through the Vietnam Timber Legality Assurance System (VNTLAS) and licenses allowing Vietnam timber products of Vietnam to enter EU market.
The time frame of the plan is from October 19, 2018 to December 31, 2020 with the objective of meeting the licensing target for shipments and products exported from Vietnam to the EU in 2021. The time frame for the implementation of 7 main sections of the plan is as followed:
- Approval of the agreement: from November 2018 to March 2019.
- Building of legal documents and technical guidelines: from January 2019 to December 2019.
- Construction of technical infrastructure (technical software) and operation of VNTLAS: from January 2019 to December 2020.
- Communication: from November 2018 to December 2020.
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the agreement: from November 2018 to December 2020.
- Connecting activities and promoting the implementation of VPA/FLEGT in the region and internationally: from November 2018 to December 2020.
- Capacity enhancement contents for stakeholders will be integrated into activities throughout the implementation of the Plan.
The decision (in Vietnamese) is attached below: