EU origin certification scheme under the EVFTA17/09/2020 360
According to the official announcement of the EC, the EU will apply the origin certification scheme under the provisions of paragraph 1 (c), Article 15, Protocol 1 of the EVFTA , namely self-certification of origin according to the System REX (Registered Exporter System). This regulation is guided in Clause 1 (c), Article 19, Circular No. 11/2020/TT-BCT dated June 15, 2020 of the Minister of Industry and Trade on rules of origin in the EVFTA.
The EU concurrently announces that it does not apply the certification of origin mechanism specified in paragraph 1 (a) and paragraph 1 (b), Article 15, Protocol 1 of the EVFTA Agreement (guided in paragraph 1 (a). ) and Clause 1 (b), Article 19, Circular No. 11/2020/TT-BCT).
With this announcement of the EC, Vietnam will give preferential treatment to EU-originating consignments on the basis of self-certification of origin issued by the exporter who has registered for the REX code or by any other. Which exporters certify shipments worth not more than 6,000 euros.
Information about the EU REX system can be found at the following link:
Guidance document is attached in the file below:
- Decree No.116/2022/ND-CP on Preferential Import and Export Tariffs for implementation of the EVFTA in the period of 2022-2027
- Circular No. 20/2022/TT-BKHDT on preparation of bidding documents for consulting services under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA
- Official Letter No.5079/BKHDT-QLDT on implementing commitments on bidding in the EVFTA
- Circular 12/2022/TT-BKHDT on the preparation of bidding documents for procurement of goods under CPTPP, EVFTA, and UKVFTA
- Circular 15/2022/TT-BKHDT on the preparation of bidding documents for construction and installation under CPTPP, EVFTA, UKVFTA