Economic Reforms for More Sustainable and Resilient Growth in Viet Nam after COVID-19
From Adaptation to Embracing Complexity
Time: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Host: Central Institute for Economic Management (CIEM) and GIZ Macroeconomic Reforms/Green Growth Program
Session 1: COVID-19 outbreak and economic impacts
COVID-19 and selected economic impacts - Mr. Nguyen Anh Duong, Director, CIEM.
Impacts of COVID-19 on Viet Nam’s business - Dr. Pham Dinh Thuy, Director General, Industry Statistics Department, General Statistics Office.
Scenarios of economic recovery - Dr. Le Duy Binh – CEO, Economica
Session 2: Perspectives of sustainable development in the post COVID-19 period
Improving productivity in the context of digital transformation of the economy - Prof. Dr. Tran Tho Dat, Chairman of National Economics University, Member of PM's Economic Advisors Group.
Trade and sustainable development: Making use of new-generation FTAs - Dr. Nguyen Thi Thu Trang, Director, WTO Center, Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Enhancing the Corporate Social Responsibility - Dr. Vo Tri Thanh, President, Institute for Brands and Competitiveness Strategy.
Session 3: Panel discussion
The Forum Documents are attached below:
- Webinar: FTAs and their benefits for foreign businesses and investors in Vietnam
- Webinar: Businesses’ Satisfaction with IM-EX Administrative Procedures
- Webinar: FTAs and market opportunity for logistics enterprises
- Conference: Two-year implementation of the CPTPP in Vietnam - A Review from business perspective
- Conference: Ensuring Timber Legality in Government Procurement Bidding in VN – Implementing VPA-FLEGT