Activity Summary Report in 2015 – WTO and International Trade Center – VCCI02/02/2016 19
In 2015, businesses legal assistance activities of WTO and International Trade Center were carried out on 05 major areas. Each activity achieved promising result and was highly appreciated by the associations and businesses community.
1. International trade policy activities
As a representative and an information hub guiding the businesses in international trade issues, especially free trade agreements under the Prime Minister's Decision 06/2012/QD-TTg, in 2015, WTO and International Trade Center continued to be the biggest hub where businesses could find information and advice on the WTO and major FTAs that Vietnam is engaging. Notable activities included:
- 07 major policy recommendations (including recommendations for ending TPP negotiations, Vietnam-Laos Trade Agreement, VPA / FLEGT Agreements, Grouping of obligations in the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement...);
- 25 research, comments, recommendations on other major integration policy of Vietnam.
2. Assisting businesses in issues relating to trade remedies
The Center provides businesses with legal supports relating to trade integration, especially the use of anti-dumping, subsidy and safeguard lawsuit of Vietnam in other countries. In 2015, WTO and International Trade Center provided:
- 05 major supporting packages (information and legal advice) for Vietnamese assossiations and businesses relating to trade remedies investigations domestically and internationally;
- 01 Report on Investigation on the capacity of using trade defense tools of Vietnamese enterprises.
3. Providing information, training, advice and other support on trade integration
This is considered one of the most successful activities of the WTO and Integration Center. WTO and International Trade Center is currently the biggest reputable hub of information and advice on trade integration for associations and businesses:
- Run 04 websites (www.chongbanphagia.vn (Vietnamese)/www.antidumping.vn (English) and www.trungtamwto.vn (Vietnamese)/ www.wtocenter.vn (English) with a total of over 35 million visits and average of 10 articles posted daily;
- Participate in and/or collaborate on 26 television programs, 15 newspaper articles/interviews on integration-related topics with the most prestigious media organizations (VTV1, VTV2, VTV4, VTC, The Saigon Times, VietnamNet, VnExpress ...);
- Compile and publish 09 integration-related news bulletins for businesses;
- Organize and coordinate to organize 29 workshops, classes, seminars on integration topics;
- Provide hundreds of business consultations via phone, email ...
4. Implementing Programs and Projects on Integration
This is a group of activities that are meaningful to businesses and associations in improving the process of participating in the building of international trade policies. These activities are actively sought by the WTO and Integration Center in order to utilize the resources from the donors to support businesses in integration. In 2015, the Center implemented 04 programs, including:
- The advocacy program "Vietnam's policy space after FTAs" in collaboration with ActionAid Vietnam;
- The Research Program "Review Vietnam’s legal framework under commitments in EVFTA in 05 major institutional areas" in collaboration with the Prosperity Fund, British Embassy;
- Research Program "Vietnam Competitive Environment" in collaboration with FNF;
- Investigation programs "Policy space for electronics and fisheries businesses", "Business preparedness for EVFTA" in collaboration with CIEM.
5. Consulting and providing professional support on legal issues in trade integration for the VCCI’s Standing Committee and affiliates
The WTO and International Trade Center have consulted the Standing Committee, Departments, Branches, and Representative Offices of VCCI on all matters relating to negotiation and implementation of commitments in WTO, FTAs and other international trade treaties.
In 2015, the Center penned many reports of the VCCI’s Standing Committee, submitting to the Politburo, the Central Economic Committee, the National Assembly ... on important integration and negotiation issues. The Center also provided updates on the situation and results of negotiations of TPP, ASEAN Economic Community, VKFTA, Vietnam – EEU FTA, EU-Vietnam FTA.
- Opinion Survey on “Assessing Vietnam’s business environment and investment opportunities for Australian investors"
- Opinion Survey “Assessing Vietnam’s business and investment environment from the perspective of Australian investors in Vietnam”
- Sponsorship Invitation - EVFTA Workshop
- Sponsorship Invitation - Business Handbook "Summary of the EVFTA"
- Activity Summary Report in 2019 – WTO and Internation Trade Center – VCCI